To begin with Android applications development, you need to install the SDK and some related required components. This tutorial is about installing Android SDK on Eclipse. So you should have Eclipse already installed on your Computer. If you don’t know how to install eclipse, then you can download Eclipse from www.eclipse.org and can find instructions on how to install Eclipse. There will be many different flavors of eclipse. Eclipse Helios is the one that is suited for Android Development.
Following are the steps one may follow to have the Android SDK installed in his/her system:
1 : Run Eclipse and choose Help->Install New Software.
2 : Click ADD in the Available Software window to add a Repository.
3 : Enter Android Development Tools in the Name field, and
https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/eclipse/ in the location Field .
4 : Click OK and check Developer Tools in the list of available software.
5 : This will install the Android Development Tools and DDMS, Android’s
6 : Click Next and Finish to install the plugin. You’ll need to restart Eclipse once
everything is installed.
7 : When Eclipse restarts, choose Window->Preferences and you should see
Android listed in the categories.
8 : You now need to tell Eclipse where you’ve installed the Android SDK.
9 : Click Android and then Browse to select the location where you extracted the SDK files. For example, /opt/local/android-sdk.
10 : Click OK to have Eclipse save the location of your SDK.
Once everything has been successfully downloaded, you’re ready to start developing for Android.
- Android Building Blocks
- Learning Android
- Android Cookbook
- Calling REST API from Android Application
- The Secrets to App Success on Google Play
- Android: A programmer’s Guide
- Flip Image Android Application
- Android Database Handling
- Flash Light On-Off Android Application
- Unlocking Android – Manning
- How to create Dynamic Colors in your App using Android 5.0 Lollipop
Popular Posts (last 30 days)
- Applications of Stack in … 1112 view(s)
- Circular Linked Lists 1070 view(s)
- Attendance Management Sys… 922 view(s)
- Simple Currency Converter… 676 view(s)
- Implementing Stack Data S… 592 view(s)
- Recursive Factorial funct… 572 view(s)
- Graph Implementation in C… 551 view(s)
- Finding Minimum, Maximum … 499 view(s)
- GRASP Design Patterns 343 view(s)
- Finding Maximum Number in… 328 view(s)
TagsAndroid C-Sharp C/C++ language Classes Data structures Design Pattern Eclipse Game Development Graphics Design Books HTML iPhone JAVA JAVA GUI MIPS Assembly Mobile Programming Books Object Oriented PDF PHP Programming Programming Books Programming Languages Books Python RaphaelJS REST Source Code Threads Tutorial Web Development Books