IVR (Interactive Voice Response) is a generic term that refers to the interaction of an automated system with a caller via a telephone keypad. There are a lot of visual dialplan writers and IVR designers available in the commercial circuit of telecommunication industry. Most of them are desktop applications which require users to download and install first. Some of them require heavy configuration as well in order to work properly. This configuration could be on the users machine or on the server side. Once you are done with configuration, now you are able to develop your IVR designs. As a user or IVR designer, you might not want to indulge in those configurations. Following is a brief list of IVR designers:
- Anveo Visual Call Flow Designer
- Voicent IVR Studio
- Visual Dialplan for Asterisk
Following picture will give you an idea about what we have been doing.
Yes, we are also working on an IVR designer. But why? Because in the current age of web 2.0, everything has moved to world wide web (from a simple reminder application to an ERP system of multi-continent organization). So why should the telecommunication industry be left behind in adopting these trends. Some of the latest development in client-side frameworks or libraries like JQuery UI, RaphaelJS, and SVG standards have really made a way through to developing interactive, lightweight graphical applications. Since IVRs are also represented in the form of graphical diagrams or charts. It has utimately led us to develop an application in RaphaelJS for IVR Designing.
But this is just not the end. Its the beginning of developing high quality client side graphical framework. Specially, in telecommunication and VOIP industry, there has always been great demand of such light weight powerful tools that can give clients a desktop like experience and response. We are also creating a toolbar of applications in RaphaelJS that would satisfy our needs for developing IVRs. This whole application has been integrated with ICTBroadcast.
It is definitely the beginning of developing high quality client side graphical frameworks. With IVR application designer module, users can now dynamically create their own call flows based on their own requirements. So data can be extracted from a database or external files (e.g. Recorded voice messages) and can be played
over the phone.
This is a brief introduction to our work in RaphaelJS and it might give some indication about the strengths of RaphaelJS. In coming days, I am planning to conduct a series of lectures on RaphaelJS for you. So be with us.
- ICTDialer: An open source Voice, SMS, Fax Autodialer
- PHP Tutorial for Beginners
- HTML Tutorial for Beginners
- HTML Intermediate/Advanced
- Attendance Management System
- Connecting to an FTP Server using PHP
- Introduction to RaphaelJS
- Converting Multipage TIFF file to JPG/GIF in PHP
- How to convert Text-to-Speech with PHP
- Reading and Printing contents of an XML file using PHP
- Getting Started with PHP
Popular Posts (last 30 days)
- Circular Linked Lists 1300 view(s)
- Attendance Management Sys… 1065 view(s)
- Applications of Stack in … 1058 view(s)
- Graph Implementation in C… 904 view(s)
- Implementing Stack Data S… 775 view(s)
- Simple Currency Converter… 661 view(s)
- GRASP Design Patterns 501 view(s)
- Recursive Factorial funct… 490 view(s)
- Finding Minimum, Maximum … 364 view(s)
- Implementation of Priorit… 310 view(s)
TagsAndroid C-Sharp C/C++ language Classes Data structures Design Pattern Eclipse Game Development Graphics Design Books HTML iPhone JAVA JAVA GUI MIPS Assembly Mobile Programming Books Object Oriented PDF PHP Programming Programming Books Programming Languages Books Python RaphaelJS REST Source Code Threads Tutorial Web Development Books