Server is an application that runs on the host computer that provides a means of connection and useful information once a connection is established. Client is an application(s) running on different computer(s) that seek to establish a connection and request computation/ information from the server.
A deadlock is a situation where in two or more competing actions are each waiting for the other to finish, and thus neither ever does. In computer science, Coffman deadlock refers to a specific condition when two or more processes are each waiting for the other to release a resource, or more than two processes are waiting for resources [...]
Race conditions occur when multiple, asynchronously executing threads access the same object (called a shared resource) returning unexpected (wrong) results. Threads often need to share a common resource, for example a file, with one thread reading from the file while another thread writes to the file. They can be avoided by synchronizing the threads which access the [...]
Many programs contain code segments that are more or less in dependent of one another, and that may execute more efficiently if the code segments could be overlapped in time.
What is multitasking?
There are two types of multi-tasking programs.
Process based: Executing multiple programs/processes at the same time
Thread based: Single program can have many threads [...]
Popular Posts (last 30 days)
- Attendance Management System 1534 view(s)
- Advanced Java Tutorial (For Intermediate) 782 view(s)
- JAVA Graphical User Interface (GUI) 729 view(s)
- Graph Implementation in C++ 545 view(s)
- File Handling using Input-Output Streams in Java 471 view(s)
- Linked lists in C++ 438 view(s)
- Sockets and Network Programming in Java 378 view(s)
- UDP Datagram Sockets in Java 351 view(s)
- Applications of Stack in data structures 349 view(s)
- Circular Linked Lists 333 view(s)